Check out Schiphol’s Smartgate Cargo System
Schiphol SmartGate Cargo represents an innovative, safe and efficient air cargo process, free of interruptions. It involves the integrated monitoring of goods leaving the European Union from Amsterdam Airport Schiphol, and aims to achieve a safer, faster, more efficient and cheaper freight and closely cooperate in the field of control, speed, security and reliability of the air cargo supply chain.
Schiphol SmartGate Cargo represents an innovative, safe and efficient air cargo process, free of disturbances. It is featured by:
- Location: cargo areas at Amsterdam Airport Schiphol
- Customs Control Centre: central supply of (pre-)information and central control
- Cargo Checkpoint: registration and selection of cargo movements
- Red versus green cargo flows
- One-stop-shop: central control moment for all red cargo flows
- Maximum safety: continuous supervision of cargo flow
A number of developments have already taken place. For example, the Customs Control Centre, a central helpdesk for customs services customers, has recently been realised. The Cargo Checkpoint pilot project was launched on 21 September, in which various monitoring and inspection procedures are integrated in a single monitoring procedure.